Fix License File Errors
1-) Verify your license IP address.
In most cases, the system returns these errors because of an invalid or expired license.
To check whether your license is invalid or expired, perform the following steps:
1. Run either of the following commands to obtain your license's IP address:
curl -L http://cpanel.net/showip.cgi
lynx -dump http://cpanel.net/showip.cgi
2. Navigate to the cPanel License Verification page.
3. Enter the IP address that you obtained in Step 1. Our website will display the status of your license.
* The License Verification page lists licenses for cPanel & WHM and other products separately. The list sorts each license from newest to oldest. For example, you may see
COMPANY-CLOUDLINUX-INTERNAL-WITH-CPANELin the Package column, where
COMPANYNAMErepresents the name of the partner that issued the license. This example indicates that your server possesses a cPanel license and a CloudLinux license that you purchased through cPanel, Inc. Your CloudLinux license may report an active status while your cPanel license reports as expired.
* If the most recent license for a product contains an
expiredstatus, renew your license through the cPanel Store or contact cPanel Customer Service for further assistance.
* If no valid licenses exist for your IP address, contact cPanel Customer Service for further assistance.
2-) Check for connectivity issues.
If your IP address is already licensed and you still experience problems, run the following script as the
rootuser to verify your license:
If your license works properly, the script will not return a message. If the script requires more than a few seconds to run, your server may have encountered connectivity issues.
3-) Check resolving and hostname.
To check whether you can resolve our servers, run the following command:
Additionally, ensure that your hostname is valid.
4-) Check the server's time and date settings.
Ensure that the time and date of the server are not set too far in the future or past.
To do this, run the
datecommand. If the system returns an incorrect time or date, reset it.
Was this answer helpful?
No, you can transfer a server license to different IP addresses within the same server. You can...
1. Log in as the root user on the server via SSH.2. To create a new user, run the following...
Panellicense.com uses a third-party tool to detect fraudulent activities on our system. The...
To add a new email address, perform the following steps:1. Enter a new email address in the Email...
Disable the cPanel Store as an SSL certificate provider in WHM To disable the cPanel Store as a...