LiteSpeed Web Server Plugin for cPanel®/WHM® in 4 Step
1.Install LiteSpeed WHM plugin
Run the following commands from ssh as root
rm -f lsws_whm_plugin_install.sh
Note: To uninstall WHM LiteSpeed plugin, run command at
2.Install LiteSpeed Web Server from within WHM
- Click “LiteSpeed Web Server Plugin for WHM” in “Plugins” section of WHM.
- Click “Install LiteSpeed Web Server”
- Fill in the form to sepecify
- Trial license key or serial number
- LiteSpeed target installation directory
- Port Offset ( set to 0 to replace Apache otherwise set a number like “2000” to try LiteSpeed on port 2080 )
- Whether to enable PHP SuEXEC
- Assign user name and password for LWSW web admin console
- Your email address as the Administrators email.
- Click “Next” to install LiteSpeed
If you set Port Offset to “0”, it may stop Apache and start LiteSpeed after a successful installation, you may want to switch back to Apache temporarily as we still need to build PHP binary for LiteSpeed.
3.Build matching PHP binary
There is a pre-built PHP 4 binary coming with LSWS, however, you should build your own PHP binary using matching configuration options used by Apache mod_php.
If LiteSpeed is running, you should switch back to Apache temporarily by clicking “switch to Apache" link. Then, click “Build Matching PHP binary” link. It is going take a while.
4. Start LiteSpeed again
Just click “Restart LiteSpeed” Then you can verify if everything works as expected. It should!
If “Port Offset” is set to non-zero, you can now replace Apache with LiteSpeed Web Server. Just click “Switch to LiteSpeed”.
Was this answer helpful?
What is LSAPI ? LiteSpeed Server Application Programming Interface (LSAPI) supports a number of...
Dear customer, if you want cancel your order, you can do this via your panel. You can follow the...
Free Starter Licenses: 1-domain limit (unlimited subdomains), 1 worker process and 2 GB RAM...
What is LSCache ? Litespeed Cache (LSCache) is a caching application offered by Litespeed....
LiteSpeed Web Server is designed with security as a top consideration. These feautures: SSL...