System Requirements to cPanel&WHM
Minimum Hardware Requirements Supported Virtual Environments* Supported Operating Systems
- 266 MHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 10 GB hard disk space
- User-Mode Linux
- Virtual Iron®
- VMware® Server, ESX Server
- XenEnterprise™, XenExpress™, XenServer™
- Microsoft Server® 2008 Hyper-V**
i386 Architecture x86-64 Architecture
- CentOS (free) versions 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® versions 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
- FreeBSD®-RELEASE versions 7.1, 7.2, 8.0
- CentOS (free) versions 4.x, 5.x
- Red Hat ® Enterprise Linux® versions 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
- FreeBSD ® -RELEASE versions 7.1, 7.2, 8.0
* cPanel does not support VPS licenses for the FreeBSD operating system.
** cPanel supports the drivers and configurations provided by Microsoft.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
We strongly recommend a system that exceeds the minimum requirements. This is especially true if you plan to host a large number of domains and accounts.
Supported Operating Systems and Architectures
We only offer support for new installations on the operating systems and architectures mentioned above.
- We strongly recommend using CentOS or Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® if you are not an experienced FreeBSD administrator.
- You should install a minimal version of the operating system. All services that cPanel requires will be installed during the cPanel/WHM installation process.
- Installing services prior to the installation of cPanel/WHM will cause compatibility issues.
- If you have any questions, please contact our sales team.
New installations of the operating systems listed below will not be supported. However, if you have an existing installation of one of the following operating systems, we will continue to support your installation until you can migrate to one of the supported systems mentioned above.
Fedora™ Cores 1 through 7 Fedora-Legacy (Red Hat®) 7.3 and 9 FreeBSD® 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.8, 4.10, 5.0, 5.3, 5.4, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 7.0 Mandriva 7.2, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2 SuSE® 9.0 Trustix™ ES 2.0, 2.2
Fedora, Red Hat and their respective logos are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. FreeBSD and its respective logos are trademarks of the FreeBSD Foundation. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. Mandriva is a trademark of Mandriva S.A. ServerXchange is a trademark of the Ensim Corporation. SUSE is a trademark of Novell, Inc. Virtual Iron and its respective logo are trademarks of Virtual Iron, Inc. Virtuozzo is a trademark of Parallels, Inc. VMware and its respective logo are trademarks of VMware, Inc. Trustix is a trademark of Comodo Trustix Limited. XenEnterprise, XenExpress, XenServer and their respective logos are trademarks of XenSource, Inc. All trademarks are trademarks of their respective holder(s). All rights reserved.
Was this answer helpful?
What is overselling ? Overselling means that the system limits resellers via the resources that...
cPanel File Manager, views all the files to manage and edit your files. cPanel Images, allows...
There are many things you can do with cPanel on your site. You can change the current password...
Why should you transfer? 24/7 SUPPORT Unlimited Domains Monthly and Yearly Payment...
How to create a demo account ? To create a new demo account, following the steps: Log...